Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Chloe

Happy Birthday to YOU
Happy Birthday to YOU 
Happy Birthday dear Chloe
Happy Birthday to YOU!


My baby Chloe is SIX!  When did that happen?  It really seems like yesterday that she was a tiny little pea.  I know that is sort of cliche but, so very true.  Six.  Going on sixteen.  Six.  So Grown up.


 When she was a baby she was almost always found with Mommy.  Being held.  Carried in a baby sling.  Always.  Honestly, I don't think she spent enough time rolling around on the floor.  She hated being on her tummy anyway.  She was never in a walker.  She sat in the bouncer while I showered.  She slept beside me every night.  Tucked securely at my breast.  Just a breath away.  She was my sidekick.  I took her everywhere.  I loved that and so did she.  It was her and I at home alone for almost three years.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.
This year was a really big one for her (and Mommy too.)  She began Kindergarten.  Gone all day, five days every week.  I think it was a little easier for both of us having the triplets, they kept my mind occupied and Chloe was happy to get out of the house and be independent of her sisters.  Not to mention, she adores school, her teacher, her friends, everything about it.
I am so glad.
But every once in a while, I look at her and catch a glimpse of that tiny precious little baby I carried so close to my heart.  I trail off into a memory and then return my gaze to her and see the most beautiful little girl.  She is kind, and caring.  She is sensitive and smart.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She is my baby girl, no matter how many inches taller she goes, or years she adds.  My baby.  I am so proud of the person she is becoming.  I treasure every moment watching her as she grows into herself.  What a miracle.  
My beautiful miracle.
Happy Birthday Sweetpea. 

No comments: