Sunday, May 11, 2008

Live...Everyday

I have been thinking a lot lately about life. How beautiful it is. How difficult it can be. How fragile it is. How taken for granted it can be. How fast it goes by. How some days can take forever. How much we can influence the lives of those around us. How much those around us can influence our lives. The way that people think of us. The way we treat others. The way we treat family and friends and how we treat strangers. How quickly what we have can change, with no notice, with no warning. How we learn to adjust. How we learn to conquer. How we think that it won't happen to us. How it does happen. How delicate it is. How tough you have to be to make it. How it can feel so wonderful. How it can hurt so much. How we can be so blessed. But still not satisfied...
I realize that I need to stop complaining about the little things. The things that I cannot change. I need to open my eyes more widely and look closely at all of the "life" that surrounds me each day. Remember how thankful I am for all I have been given. Do my very best to give to others. Set an example to my children. Show them how to love life and give it all that they have everyday, even when they don't feel like it. To look at life and see it how they do. Unflawed, full of innocence and sincerity. Be there for those who need you and be there for yourself. Believe in yourself and what you mean to those who love you.
We never know when it will be our last day...so "live" everyday. Take not even one for granted.
I know that I am starting today. I hope that you will join me.

No comments: