Thursday, January 7, 2010

Accidents happen

Yesterday when Chloe got home from school, I could tell that something wasn't quite right with her. She was very quiet. She followed me downstairs to the laundry room.
"Mommy, I have something I need to tell you in private."
I knelt down to her and she began to cry. She handed me an envelope and began crying harder.
At this point I was very concerned and she was just sobbing.
Her glasses got broke during recess. she was kicked in the face by a classmate coming down the slide. Ouch. I was much more upset about her being kicked in the face.
I hugged her and told her it was okay. Not to worry, that accidents happen. I even told her that I had broken several pairs of glasses. Once I even fell asleep with them on and squished them. She giggled a little as that.
When I picked her up today, her first words were did you get my glasses fixed. I gently explained that the way her specks were broken, that they would not be able to fix them. She began to tear up again. "But I love my glasses, I don't want a different pair."
Bless her sweet little heart.
I sure hope we can find a pair at least similar.

No comments: