Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Eat Your Peas" ~Cheryl Karpen~

Have I told you lately how important you are to me...how much better my life is because you are in it? You are kind, compassionate, lovely, courageous, intelligent, fun and a precious and spirited friend, I cherish you. All the stars in the universe danced on the day you were born. Imagine. There is not another you in the whole world. There is not another me. We met and became friends. Imagine That! When I think of you I smile. Sometimes I miss our time alone together, don't you? (Although I love our girls more than life) One of my favorite things about being around you is I get to be myself! Wouldn't be fun to be Queen for the day? You bring the "Coffee" I'll bring the crowns! Don't you dare clean the house before I come over! I love you just the way you are. Unconditionally. I never, ever want to hurt you. Sometimes when we're together and it seems like we've used up all our words, (has that ever happened?) just knowing you're near warms my heart. I love how you always seem to understand me. Everyday take some time to fill your spirit with things you love to do. Your whole-hearted joy depends on it. It's tough being everything to everybody. Why not cut yourself some slack? Do something just for you. Gratitude is a gift you give yourself. So give thanks for all of the wonders that touch your days. fresh water, skinny iced white mochas, clean sheets, baby toes, your daughters giggling, a soft embrace from the man you love, yes...Clinton...loving family and of course...your twinkie. Dream. Dream. Dream. Hold on to your dreams Dear Friend. Anything is possible. Believe in yourself. I do. I believe you are a very important somebody. It doesn't matter if you just won the lottery or if you have to count every penny. It doesn't matter if you have it all together or if you can never find you car keys. It doesn't matter where you work (or don't) or what anyone else you know has accomplished (or not). You are a very important somebody and I am so glad you are my friend. Thank you for all the times you've listened without judgement, for gently lifting my spirit with gifts of perspective...for reminding me that things really do get better. Whether you are near or far, I will always hold our friendship close to my heart. Cherish each day. (Indulge Yourself) Play whenever you can. (Celebrate Yourself) Most of all...Take GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF! Remember to always EAT YOUR PEAS.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

tears of joy and much agreement with these words. thank you my bff! love, me

wendy said...

WOWSA!!
Where do I start?? Kimberly, I want you to know that you still are and always will be an inspiration to me! I admire all of the things that you do!! You have so much love for those beautiful 4 darlings and your wonderful husband Matt and your friends! We are all so blessed to have you in our lives!! You are such a blessing to us all and I thank you for that! You have such a beautiful family...I love seeing all of the photos and reading about all of you!! We need to get together more often....I NEED my Kimberly "fix"!!! :) Thank you for being my friend...I know that we don't see each other that often, but I know in my heart that we are still just as close!
miss you!!
hugs, blessings & love~
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!