Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sleepytime

Have you ever wondered why children will do everything in their power to stay awake just a little later? So afraid they may miss something. They want to continue playing. Stay in the tub just five more minutes. They need to read just one more story. Have another drink. Go potty again. Be tucked in more tightly. Have the closet checked for monsters (for the 16th time). Be kissed and hugged once more (which I never mind). But then as adults (mothers you ALL know what I mean) you would KILL for a nap and a solid five to seven a night!
I remember when Chloe was born. Being a new MOM! How wonderful! I wouldn't trade her for anything. How easy it was when she wouldn't sleep to snuggle her right into bed in between Matty and I. She loved it there. Oh how she loved it there! Still does in fact...four and half years later. The triplets were a little different, partly because our bed isn't big enough and partly...oh who am I kidding...it's all due to the fact that our bed wasn't big enough!
Anyway, where was I going with this, oh yeah, as I sit here listening to the triplets babble and talk to each other from their room (yes, they should be awaiting a visit from Mr Sandman), I wonder...How in the H-E-L-L did I make it that long without sleep! Wow! I love that they are sleeping through the night now! Since they are not babbling anymore...I think I may go catch a nap...yep...with Chloe.

No comments: