Monday, November 30, 2009

Better Late than Not at all

Happy Thanksgiving.
Those two words bring a smile to my heart every time I hear them. The beginning of the holidays, family, friends. I wish all holidays were more like thanksgiving. No gifts, no pressure, no commercialization, no returns, no credit card bills. Just LOVE and THANKFULNESS. Just being happy together is what is important.
I often think about the things I am thankful for, and I can honestly say...I do it daily...not once a year. I think everyone should. It makes me a happier person.
I am thankful for my husband. For all he does. For his hard work and support. His gentle heart. His strong arms and beaming smile. I am thankful to have so many things all wrapped up into one person, my best friend, my lover, my soul mate. I am thankful for the father he is to our daughters. Loving each of them more than words could begin to express. I am thankful that he has a job that he loves and thankful that he comes home safe to the girls and me everyday. I am thankful that he always finds the positive in everything. He lifts my spirit without even trying. I am thankful that he is kind, caring and full of love.
I am thankful for my Beauties. My four gorgeous daughters. Each of them so beautiful and special in their own ways.
Chloe, my sweet and loving, sensitive and kind one. Always doing her best to please everyone. Always paying attention to make sure those around her are happy. She told me when we were getting ready to go that she was "thankful for you, mommy" it melted my heart.
Jocelyn, my feisty one. The one that can be so naughty and then smile at you and make you giggle. The one who can cuddle like no one else. The born leader of her sisters.
Farrah, big sisters clone. She acts and looks exactly like her big sissy. She is sweet and sassy, and knows how to make you laugh.
Silvie, the sweet one. The shy one. She can melt your heart with her eyes.
All four of them can put you in a trace with their sparkling blue eyes. But it's their personalities that I am so thankful for. They are healthy and smart and they have so much love to share.
I am thankful for Grammy Pam and Poppy Steve. For Gramma Val and Grandpa Dave. For everything that they do for us. For their love and support. For their shoulders and wisdom. For teaching us how to be loving and patient parents.
Our family. Brothers, sisters, our nieces, Molli and Haley.
Our friends. They support us and help us and give a shoulder if we are in need.

Truly, I am so thankful for all those close to my heart.
I am thankful.
I am blessed.

No comments: